Monday 21 November 2011

"Winnetou" and the publican

My World Cinema
"Winnetou" and the publican
Created 07:11:11, 11:58
Karl May is actually Pierre Brice as a child encounters. The Western
movies he may still not. Today, Karl May (45) for 15 years, a mattress
store in Neuehrenfeld, where he grew up.
Pierre Brice as a proud Apache chief Winnetou.
What was your first movie?
Karl May: It was "The robber Hotzenplotz" with Gerd Frobe in the lead
role. 1974 must have been. I remember that I read of the huge nose,
Gerd Frobe had at that time in the movie, was impressed. Even the big
cinema hall in the "Helios-air theater" at the Venloerstraße I loved
it. Only the way of Neuehrenfeld, where we lived, to the cinema - the
seemed endless. Later, I'm often there and then but I prefer viewed
Bruce Lee movies.

What movies you see today like?
May: The last ten admissions were mainly films I've seen with my
children, that is something that was also released for their age. For
example, the "Crocodiles" or "Johnny English". Myself, the "Pirates of
the Caribbean" series, very enthusiastic. Johnny Depp is simply
awesome as a pirate captain Jack Sparrow.
Do you have a favorite director?
May: Steven Spielberg is brilliant. He is very creative and
industrious, and his films always totally consuming, I like simple.
His "Tintin" film to see is a must. That will probably be my next
visit to the cinema - of course together with my two children.
Have you no respect for the Winnetou films? When your name is but the close.
May: The movies were never really my thing. But I am actually as a
child met Pierre Brice. My father, who incidentally also named Karl
May, I once brought to the festival after Elspe that bore our name,
after all. Pierre Brice played there from 1976 to 1986 the Winnetou.
When my father, who had a pub at the check in his jovial Kölsch style
presented, in which he a matchbox with the advertising print "The
friendly host - restaurants, Karl May" put on the table, the managing
director Jochen Bludau was thrilled. This results in a cordial
relationship developed over several years. Once even visited the
entire cast, crew, the restaurant my parents on the road compatriot -
Winnetou Pierre Brice, however, was not there in the.
The interview was conducted by Heribert Rösgen
Karl May (45) owns a mattress business for 15 years in Neuehrenfeld,
where he grew up. In his youth he played football at SC West.